G.I.S.S. 3.0 : growing in a world of free media
The content of the workshop could cover following topics:
(depending on time and participants)
* Historical view of streaming GPL tools and techniques
* Creation of Giss channels for audio or video
* Use of simple programs ( Gstreamer, TSS, IDJC ) from the live cd Sa'habuntu for starting a stream in 5 minutes.
* Complex streams with Pure Data
* Introduction to the Distributed Multi-Media Database : publication of videos made easy.
* Technical in-depths about G.I.S.S. infrastructure and how to set-up your own sound and video server.
Required things :
* An audience interested into free media practice, radio practitioners, communitarian television/ video publishers.
* A room with a good internet connection, video projector and sound system. The computers should be brought by the participants ( BYOC ) One or two machines can be set up for an audience without computers.
* A few blank cds to make copies of the live cd for each participants.